Saturday, January 07, 2012
Graham cracker base, melted chocolate, chocolate cupcake & marshmallow frosting. Need I as more?
I didn't post the chocolate cupcake recipe because I always make chocolate cupcakes but here is the recipe I used.
1½ Cups Graham cracker crumbs
¼ Cup Sugar
5 Tablespoons Unsalted butter, melted
8 Oz. Bittersweet chocolate, finely
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line two cupcake pans with paper liners.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter; mix well with a fork.
3. Drop about 1 tablespoon of the graham cracker mixture in the bottom of each cupcake liner and press down to line the bottom. (I used the bottom of a shot glass to press down the crumbs.)
4. Sprinkle a small amount of the chopped chocolate on top of the graham cracker crusts. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven, and maintain the oven temperature.
4 Large egg whites
1 Cups sugar
1 Pinch Cream of tartar
1/2 Teaspoon Meringue Powder
1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
1. Combine the egg whites, sugar, meringue power, cream of tartar and vanilla extract in the top of a double boiler. (Note: I just set my clean, dry mixer bowl over simmering water, to avoid dirtying two bowls.)
2. Heat the mixture, whisking frequently, until it reaches 160° F with an instant-read thermometer.
3. Transfer the mixture to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whisk starting at low speed and gradually increasing to medium-high speed until stiff, glossy peaks form. Frost cooled cupcakes as desired.
4. Garnish with chocolate (optional).
S'more cupcake tower!
at 10:30 AM