So I've been on an ice cream making roll and I really wanted to try making strawberry ice cream!
I really, really enjoyed this recipe. Packed full of strawberry flavour, super creamy and refreshing. For sure I will make this over and over again.
1 3/4 Cups 35% cream
1/2 Lemon, Zested
1/8 Teaspoon Salt
2 Large Eggs
3/4 Cups Sugar
1 Lb Strawberries, trimmed and quartered
1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
1. Puree strawberries with 1/4 cup sugar and lemon juice in a blender until smooth, then force through fine sieve to remove seeds.
2. Combine cream, zest and salt in a pot and bring just to a boil.
3. Whisk eggs with 1/2 cup of sugar in a large bowl, then add hot cream in a slow stream which whisking. Pour back into pot and cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened and the instant read thermometer registers 160F (do not let boil).
4. Immediately pour custard though a fine sieve into a metal bowl then cool to room temperature.
5. Stir in strawberry puree, cover mixture with plastic wrap and let chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Transfer into ice cream machine and enjoy.
I gave some to carmen and this is what she said "I liked that it wasn't too sweet and the little strawberry pieces, it was a nice texture along with the creaminess."
This recipe was probably my favourite one I've made so far.