Is there a better or more delicious way to use up zucchini? I don't think so!
I haven't made zucchini bread in years but I've always been meaning to so when zucchinis were on sale at the grocery store, I knew it was a sign.
Recipe adapted from Kitchen Runaway
It was simple, moist and scrumptious.
2 Cups Grated Zucchini, about 3 small to medium zucchinis
2 Cups all purpose Flour, sifted
1 Cup granulated Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Cardamom
1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Baking powder
1 Teaspoon Baking soda
2 large Eggs
3/4 Cup Oil
1/4 Cup Milk
* I found the batter a little thick and dense, so I added some milk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
I love how grated zucchini looks like! Is that weird?
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Spray 10 inch loaf pan with cooking spray and use a paper towel to wipe up the excess oil.
2. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
3. Whisk eggs, oil and vanilla in a large bowl and gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to combine.
4. Add grated zucchini and stir. It may seem a bit difficult or hard to mix it all together at first but the moistness from the zucchini will help it all come together.
*This is when I added the milk but you can add it in with your wet ingredients above.
5. Pour mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake on middle rack for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Let sit in pan for 10 minutes and then let cool on wire rack.
Anyway, all I have to say is I got non-stop compliments.